LIONS BAY COFFEE COMPANY
The Lions Bay Coffee Company captures the essence of Lions Bay in each of their artisan roasted 100% Arabica coffees.
From selected growers around the world, their coffees not only help you get through the day but also help the communities and support the environment where they are grown. Fair Trade Certified, Rainforest Alliance Certified, Smithsonian Migratory Bird Center- Bird Friendly and Organic.
Nestled beneath the two majestic peaks of The Lions mountains along the scenic Sea to Sky highway, is the picturesque village of Lions Bay. This small waterfront community on Vancouver’s North Shore boasts a synchronicity between snow-capped mountains feeding twinkling creeks meandering through lush green forests and trails leading to the beautiful ocean and was the inspiration for Lions Bay Coffee Company.
As a local coffee roaster, they know how important having the perfect cup of coffee is to get your day started, celebrating special occasions or just having a quiet moment to yourself. For this reason Lions Bay Coffee source only the finest sustainable Arabica beans, roasting them in small batches in their state of the art Toper roaster and delivering them in flavour-lock packaging guaranteeing that your coffee is the freshest that it can be because you deserve it. You can feel good about enjoying every cup of Lions Bay Coffee because they ensure that they are choosing our beans ethically.
YOU'VE GOT THE BEANS, NOW HOW TO MAKE THE BEST BREW.
- buy freshly roasted beans - Lions Bay Coffee!
- store your beans properly - a cool, dry place in an airtight container. NOT the fridge or the freezer.
- coffee should be used 3-4 weeks after roasting for optimal flavour, and within 7-14 days of opening the sealed package. your coffee comes in state-of-the-art packaging. use this to your advantage to keep your coffee fresh.
- size matters, ensure your grind is the right consistency for your brewing method. if you don't have a good grinder at home don't be shy. take your beans to your local barista. just be sure to let them know your preferred brewing method.
- keep your equipment clean.
- filter your water. this has a huge impact on flavour.
- ensure your water temperature is appropriate for your method, your grind and the roast you are using.